Rego Park Rules | Sweeps & Rules | Century 21 Department Store
Century 21 Department Store “Red Bag Sweepstakes” Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
The “Red Bag Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 20, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on December 31, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age at time of entry and are legal residents of the 48 contiguous US states or DC, who currently reside therein at the time of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all U.S. territories and possessions outside the 48 contiguous United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Century 21 Department Store (hereinafter, “Century 21”) (“Sponsor”) and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners, prize suppliers, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, participating vendors, dealers, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (all of the above collectively referred to as “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each of them are not eligible to enter. "Household member" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING: The potential winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period in a random drawing to be conducted by the Sponsor on or about 1/6/14 whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by email. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact the potential winner within 48 hours after it attempts to notify the potential winner, Sponsor will select a new potential winner according to these rules. Additionally, if the potential winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the potential winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new potential winner according to these rules.
- PRIZES: GRAND (1): GRAND (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will be awarded a $1,000.00 Century 21 Department Store Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $1,000.00. Any unused portion of $1,000.00 gift card may be used in the future. Century 21 Gift Cards do not expire. The prize is non-transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash. Winner's selection of and arrangements to receive the prize will be made through a designated representative of Century 21. Prize winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel or shipping costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize not expressly stated in these Official Rules, including, but not limited to any and all transportation, parking, tolls, gasoline, upgrades, and incidental expenses. Sponsor may substitute a prize with one of equal or greater retail value if the advertised prize is unavailable or cannot be awarded for any reason. Reporting and payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Sponsor has made no warranty or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of any prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use and, further, accepts no responsibility for any additional expenses, omissions, delays, re-routing or acts of any government or authority. If the prize is unclaimed, it will not be awarded.
- CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE: Eligibility, age and claims made by potential Winner is subject to verification. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about 1/6/14. Prize winner may be sent via e-mail an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), which potential prize winner must sign before a notary public and return to Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. If the potential prizewinner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release within the seventy-two (72) hour time period, the potential prizewinner will be disqualified. Each guest to accompany the prizewinner must also sign and return release of liability/publicity. If potential prize winner notification is returned as undeliverable, selected potential prize winner is ineligible, or selected potential prize winner declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, provided sufficient time exists. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Prizewinner may be required to Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees that they are opting in to receive communications from Century 21 Department Store and can opt out of such communications at any time. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name, city and likeness or persona for commercial advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any and all liability or any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the use of any Entry, or the acceptance or use of the prize won. Promotion Entities assume no liability or responsibility from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this promotion or use or misuse of the prize awarded hereunder. Promotion Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected Entries. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- FORCE MAJEURE:The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of the Sponsor or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
- GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, VENUE: These Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with New York law without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Participants agree that the state and federal courts located in New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or relating to these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes or participants’ entry and/or participation in the Sweepstakes, and participants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue thereof.
- NAME OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To request the name of the prizewinner, available after 1/6/14, or whenever a winner has been finalized, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by 1/21/14 to: Century 21 Department Store, ATTN: Marketing Department, 22 Cortlandt St., 4th Floor, New York, NY 10007. Please specify “Red Bag Winner.” Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Do not send Sweepstakes Entries to this address.
- SPONSOR: Century 21 Department Store, 22 Cortlandt Street, New York, NY 10007.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
© Copyright 2013 Century 21 Department Store.