Rules SB | Sweeps & Rules | Century 21 Department Store
Century 21 Department Store
“Big Game” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
The “Big Game” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on December 30, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on January 20, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are (i) 21 years of age at time of entry; (ii) are legal residents of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut at the time of entry; and (iii) must be active Century 21 email subscriber at the time of random drawing. Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all U.S. territories and possessions outside the 50 United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Century 21 Department Store (hereinafter, “Century 21”) (“Sponsor”) and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion partners, prize suppliers, promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, participating vendors, dealers, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes (all of the above collectively referred to as “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the households of each of them are not eligible to enter. "Household member" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
3. WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING: The potential winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period in a random drawing to be conducted by the Sponsor on or about January 24, 2014 whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or email and/or U.S. mail. In the event that Sponsor cannot contact the potential winner within 48 hours after it attempts to notify the potential winner, Sponsor will select a new potential winner according to these rules. Additionally, if the potential winner is ineligible, it will be deemed as if the potential winner has rejected the prize, and Sponsor will select a new potential winner according to these rules.
4. PRIZES: GRAND (1): Grand Prize will be two (2) tickets to the Big Game on 2/2/14 (“prize”) for Grand Prize Winner (hereinafter, “Winner”) and one (1) guest (hereinafter, “Guest”) plus a $250.00 Century 21 Department Store Gift Card. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is up to $4,850.00. Any difference between the stated ARV of Prize and the actual value of Prize will not be awarded. Prizewinner will be solely responsible all federal, state, provincial and local taxes on Prize. Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the Grand Prize. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event Prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizewinner will be solely responsible for any and all expenses and costs not expressly listed above including, but not limited to, any and all ground transportation between Grand Prize Winner’s residence and prize, meals and beverages, telephone calls, gratuities and personal incidentals. Prize is subject to availability and restrictions may apply. In the event the Grand Prize Winner or a Guest is deemed a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her state of residence, such Grand Prize Winner or Guest must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No additional travel expenses or any other aspects of the Grand Prize will be awarded should the Grand Prize Winner’s or Guest’s parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the Grand Prize Winner or Guest. The value of the Prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value of any Prize is more than the actual fair market value of the Grand Prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. In the event a Grand Prize Winner or Guest becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize package due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award or any part thereof. Prize must be used on the exact date as designated by Sponsor or will be forfeited. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email and telephone at the addresses provided in the Official Entry Form and may be required to agree to a confidential background and criminal check (to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of the entrant in advertising and publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor, the Related Entities, the judges, or anyone involved in the Contest into public disrepute, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor) and complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance/Liability/Permission, Assignment and (where legally permissible) a Publicity Release Form and any additional documents specified by the Sponsor (collectively, “Release”) within three (3) days from attempted date of notification (as indicated by the date on the Affidavit). Non-compliance with any of these Official Rules and/or unsuitability for being the Grand Prize Winner based on the results of the background and criminal check (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) may result in disqualification, and if an entrant is disqualified or the potential prize winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the signed and notarized Release is not received by Sponsor in a timely manner, the potential prize winner is ineligible, or the potential prize winner declines the prize, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to the next highest scoring entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or emails made to entrants not by Sponsor, or for any change of entrant's email or mailing address.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE: Eligibility, age and claims made by potential Winner is subject to verification. Potential Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about January 24, 2014. Prizewinner may be sent via e-mail an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release (unless prohibited by law), which potential prize winner must sign before a notary public and return to Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of notification. If the potential prizewinner cannot be contacted or fails to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release within the seventy-two (72) hour time period, the potential prizewinner will be disqualified. Each guest to accompany the prizewinner must also sign and return release of liability/publicity. If potential prize winner notification is returned as undeliverable, selected potential prize winner is ineligible, or selected potential prize winner declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries, provided sufficient time exists. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls or e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Prizewinner may be required to Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agents to use winner’s name, city and likeness or persona for commercial advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any and all liability or any injuries, death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, the use of any Entry, or the acceptance or use of the prize won. Promotion Entities assume no liability or responsibility from any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities arising out of this promotion or use or misuse of the prize awarded hereunder. Promotion Entities are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any Website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, incomplete, illegible or misdirected Entries. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action.
7. NOTE: Internet registration must be made only at the authorized website addresses of http://www.c21stores.com. Entries made by any other individual or entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this Sweepstakes.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: The failure of the Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, terrorism, fire, riot, earthquake, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of the Sponsor or other force majeure event shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
11. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, VENUE: These Official Rules shall be interpreted in accordance with New York law without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Participants agree that the state and federal courts located in New York shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or relating to these Official Rules, the Sweepstakes or participants’ entry and/or participation in the Sweepstakes, and participants hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue thereof.
12. NAME OF WINNERS/OFFICIAL RULES: To request the name of the prize winner, available after January 24, 2014, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by February 2, 2014 to: Century 21 Department Store, ATTN: Marketing Department. 22 Cortlandt Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10007. Please specify “Big Game Official Rules” or “Big Game Winner List”. Residents of Vermont may omit return postage. Do not send Sweepstakes Entries to this address.
13. SPONSOR: Century 21 Department Store, 22 Cortlandt Street, New York, NY 10007.
14. APPLICABLE LAW: These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules.
©Copyright 2013-14 Century 21 Department Store.